Smart421 is an information and communications technology company specialising in systems integration and managed services of business-critical systems. It is best known for its work with FT UK 500 companies, especially among leading financial institutions, telcos and power utilities. Smart421's technical and intellectual competencies include:
Architecture and Design Consultancy - Optimisation of enterprise architecture through our consultancy, business integration and data management practices. Clients benefit from clearer future direction, greater ability to adapt dynamically to change and a more compelling return on IT budgets.
Managed Services - Maximisation of system performance and reliability through end-to-end managed services provision. Clients benefit from reduced operational costs, enhanced business continuity and fully managed risk.
The key to our success is the quality of our people. We're passionate about delivery and customer service whilst being driven by the desire for quality and professionalism. We're currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Technical Architect – Variable (Ipswich or London base office)
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Technical Architect, ideally with a Consultancy background, to play a key role on a range of high profile Microsoft projects with our blue chip client base. Ideally with MCP/MCSD qualifications to compliment your commercial experience, you will have extensive n-tier experience in a Web-forms environment using C#, ASP.Net, XML and SQL Server. You will also have a proven track record in designing and delivering scalable, robust and secure enterprise Microsoft solutions. With first class customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will either be working on client sites or in our Ipswich development centre, assisting customers in defining and implementing integration strategies; this may be as an individual or as an integral part of a multi-skilled team.
The role will involve design of architecture, definition of specifications and hands on development. Working closely with the customer to identify key drivers and communicate the rationale and benefits for will require excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within an organisation.
- A proven track record in designing and delivering complex n-tier, enterprise-scale Microsoft solutions
- Extensive experience in building architectures based on Microsoft technologies (C#, .Net, DNA)
- Involvement across the full project lifecycle (to successful deployment)
- Good experience with and knowledge of UML and design patterns
- Ability to gather business requirements and architect solutions based on those requirements
- First class design skills including the ability to draw up extremely accurate specifications that could be effectively utilised by development teams offshore as well as onshore
- Good hands-on coding skills in C# and ASP.Net
- Strong experience in SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SharePoint and other Microsoft technologies (including XML)
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration technologies (particularly Biztalk)
- Strong understanding of industry trends (i.e. Web Services / Service Oriented Architecture)
- Experience of leading a technical team
Other Skills / Experience
- MCPD.Net (or relevant MCP’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Extremely capable of picking up new technologies quickly and a very proactive self educator
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location and to undertake work at client sites as and when required
- Ability to deal successfully with staff at all levels within an organisation
- The ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of people both internally and externally to the organisation (as well as the ability to influence / negotiate)
- Exceptional customer facing skills
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Smart421 actively encourages and supports staff in the pursuit of relevant certifications and training
- 25 days holiday, Contributory Pension, Flexible Insurance scheme (includes Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover and Income Replacement options)
Smart421 welcomes applications for contract and permanent positions in the following areas:
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
- Technical Architecture, Solutions Architecture and Enterprise Architecture
- Business Analysis, Project Management, Service and Delivery Management
For graduate positions, please visit our special webpage for SmartGrads.
Smart421 is an equal opportunities employer who will not unfairly discriminate against employees or job seekers on grounds of their age, race, sex, disability, religion or belief.
'Smart421 is a place with fantastic team spirit ...'
|Read more > |